Alex Bulmer is a writer, performer, theatre maker and teacher with an interest in creating work that is strong in theme and narrative, with a powerful physical life.
Alex has written for Polka Theatre Company and Graeae Theatre Company as well as BBC radio and was one of three writers of Channel 4’s groundbreaking series Cast Offs which earned a BAFTA and Royal Television Society nomination.
Current projects include:
- A new Radio 4 Drama commission, NOISE – with Spark Lab and producer Polly Thomas. A sound-driven mystery about memory loss and trust. Kit knows something isn’t quite right, as she struggles to regain her identity after an accident. Transmission date Tuesday 20th March 2012 BBC Radio 4 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01dhrmv
- BREATHE – part of the 2012 Festival - An outdoor performance spectacle which will open the Sailing Events at the Olympic Games Breathe – with Diverse City – telling the story of the god of wind. A company of 80 professional and amateur performers will realise the creative vision and the performance will be unleashed upon an audience of 10,000. Working in collaboration with Jamie Beddard, Mat Fraser and David Toole and companies will include Double Act, Cirque Bijou, Remix, JAM, State of Emergency, Activate, Desperate Men and APAE from Brazil. 28 July 8pm on Weymouth Beach
- THE GARDEN – for Graeae Theatre Company – part of the London 2012 Festival. The Garden was commissioned as part of Unlimited from an original idea by Greenwich+Docklands International Festival. 1 – 9 September 2012, Southbank Centre, London
- Dramaturge Adviser for SHEER, working with Maria Oshodi, artistic director of Extant, the UK’s only professional blind led theatre company.
- Big Lounge Collective – launch production in summer 2012 … watch this space for more details as they emerge.
- A new feature film, CHINOOK- developed during second year of screenwriting MA at London College of Communications